Thursday, September 8, 2011

What's Your Favourite Comic Book Era?

http://www.nablopomo.com
Right now, I'm a huge fan of the Golden Age, but that's a fairly recent development (thanks in no small part to the growing availability of the original stories through various means).

But I got my start during the Bronze Age and, as a result, revisited the Silver Age (to which I'd had fleeting exposure when the stories were first released). I still look back on those stories with special fondness.

Since then, stories have become more complex, sometimes to the point of incomprehensibility. Artistic standards have changed, as well, sometimes for the better but sometimes not. Style tends to overwhelm and even replace substance.

Today's comic books, for the most part, aren't the sort that will instill a feeling of nostalgia in readers many years from now. They just don't have the same heart.

That's not to say modern comic book are bad. There are always gems to be found. And I'm a faithful follower of certain titles and characters, whatever happens.

But I ask you, what's your favourite comic book era?

No comments:

Post a Comment