Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Heaven4Heroes Stunning Tribute to Comic Book Heroes

I'd like to say I stumbled upon Heaven4Heroes.com all by myself, but the real credit would have to go to GigaAlert (the notification service that scours the Internet for sites that match your preset search criteria).

While I use two of my three searches for business purposes, the final one is strictly for finding references to Marvel Comics' Golden Age heroine Namora.

Recently, that search kicked back a link to Heaven4Heroes.com, featuring photos of some truly outstanding custom figures by Mike Madrid, including one of Namora (right). Marvel and DC are well represented here, from the Golden Age through the Silver and Modern, as are some characters from other publishers, like Miss Masque, Nightshade, War Nurse, Mary Marvel, Bulletgirl, the original Black Cat, Black Angel and Phantom Lady.

Mike Madrid is a talented sculptor, and I look forward to seeing more of his work!

No comments:

Post a Comment